Web Hosting Features with Apache Web Server
We use Apache web server on our Unix Hosting services for the ultimate in compatibility and flexibility. This page lists some of the features that we use in Apache:
- Apache version 2.2.x or later
- Per-directory customisation through .htaccess files
- mod_rewrite URL rewrite engine to implement search engine friendly URLs
- mod_security as Web Application Firewall (WAF) for your peace of mind
- Supports CGI and FastCGI to run web applications powered by Perl, Python, etc.
- Password protected directories with .htaccess / htprotect. We also have a web based interface to help you create your user/password files
- Supports Server Side Includes (SSI)
- Supports compressed content via mod_deflate (the new alternative to mod_gzip)
- Runs PHP as an Apache module as well as FastCGI mode at your choice.
- Supports ETag customisation for performance optimisations